Welcome to the California Department of Social Services

Right Column

How to File a Complaint

If you disagree with an action on your application, public assistance benefits or services plan, you can do any or all of the following:

  • You may talk with someone at your county welfare department. Explain why you disagree and ask for help.
  • You may file a formal complaint by writing or calling the Department:

    California Department of Social Services
    Public Inquiry and Response
    P.O. Box 944243
    Sacramento, CA 94244-2430

    Phone 1-800-952-5253 (TDD 1-800-952-8349)

    State that you want your problem to be handled as a "complaint" and give the reason for the complaint.