Adoption Main Menu
Note: It is recommended that consumers verify that the selected service provider possess a license/certification before paying any fees. This can be done with the licensing/certification authority of record.
- Changes to the Independent Adoptions Program
- Application to Request Fee Reduction in Independent Adoptions Program
- Expanded Background Checks for Adoptions
Information on implementing the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) for International Adoptees
Interim Guidelines about Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) for International Adoptees and their Families.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Adoptions in California
Most frequently asked questions regarding general adoption information and the types and procedures of adoptions.
- Adoptees, Birth Parents, Siblings of Adoptees – Are you looking for one another? We can help!
Most frequently asked questions regarding birth parent, sibling and or adoptee background information.
- Locate an Adoptions Regional or Field Office in Your Area
Seven CDSS district offices located throughout the State, their locations, areas served, and services provided.
- Directory of Licensed California Adoption Agencies (PDF)
Complete listing of all licensed California adoption agencies, both public and private sector. Adobe required.
- Registry of California Adoption Service Providers
Listing of Licensed Clinical Social Workers and Licensed Marriage, Family, and Child Counselors who are certified by CDSS as Adoption Service Providers. Adobe required.
- Registry of California Adoption Facilitators
Information regarding California Adoption Facilitators, registry process, and a listing of registered Adoption Facilitators.
- Adoption Photolisting for Children in California
A collaborative effort between CDSS and Family Builders by Adoption has resulted in a picture listing of California's waiting children.
- Adoption Photolisting for Children Throughout the United States
Picture listings and biographical information of children throughout the United States.
- The Adoption Assistance Program
Financial assistance for adoptive parents and families, including health and medical assistance.
- Frequently Asked Questions on the Adoption Assistance Program
- Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC)
Guidelines and regulations that govern the placement of children between ICPC states.
- Interstate Compact on Adoption and Medical Assistance (ICAMA)
The ICAMA helps ensure the delivery of Medicaid and other post adoption services so that permanency planning can be achieved for families.
- Federal Multiethnic Placement Act and Interethnic Adoption Provisions (MEPA-IEP)
Removal of barriers preventing or delaying children being placed on the Child Welfare System.