WE ARE MOVING!
The new California Department of Social Services’ (CDSS) Website is coming soon
This redesign incorporates a new navigation friendly format to access information from the Department . This new design includes pages intended for the public which provide basic information about applying for services and other programs CDSS oversees. There is also a section which contains additional information and resources designed to assist county employees, stakeholders, providers, and others.
Live-In IHSS/WPCS Providers
Beginning January 2017, providers will have the option to self-certify living arrangements to exclude IHSS/WPCS wages from Federal Income Tax and California State Personal Income Tax by completing and submitting a Live-In Self-Certification Form for Federal and State Tax Wage Exclusion (SOC 2298).
For more information: Provider Information Notice , Live-In Self-Certification Form for Federal and State Tax Wage Exclusion ( SOC 2298 ), Live-In Self Certification Cancellation Form for IRS Federal Tax Wage Exclusion ( SOC 2299 ).
IHSS Provider Overtime Exemption and Violation Statistics
In February 2016, the new Fair Labor Standards Act Overtime, Travel Time and Wait Time requirements began in the In-Home Supportive Services Program. We are providing the IHSS Provider Overtime Exemption and Violation Statistics .
Update on the Continuum Of Care Reform - Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Program
The Department is pleased to release the Continuum of Care Interim Licensing Standards that will govern Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Program effective January 1, 2017.
Update on the Continuum Of Care Reform - Foster Family Agencies
The Department is pleased to release the Continuum of Care Interim Licensing Standards that will govern Foster Family Agencies effective January 1, 2017.
Home Care Aide Registry
The Home Care Aide Registry is live! This website allows Home Care Aides to submit an online application and payment to be listed on the Home Care Aide Registry. In addition, the Home Care Aide Registry provides individuals with the ability to search for a Home Care Aide who has completed the application and criminal background check process administered by CDSS. More information see the Home Care Services Website .
- CalWORKs Annual Summary 2017
- Executive Summary for 2017-18 Governor's Budget Local Assistance Estimates
- Local Assistance Estimates for the 2017-18 Governors Budget
- IHSS Legislative Hearing, November 1, 2016 - Hearing documents
- 2016-17 Local Assistance Appropriation Table
- Executive Summary for the 2016 May Revision Estimates
- 2016 May Revision of the 2016-17 Governor's Budget
- CDSS State Plans
- Executive Summary for 2016-17 Governor’s Budget Local Assistance Estimates
- Local Assistance Estimates for the 2016-17 Governor's Budget
- AB 1217 - The Home Care Services Consumer Protection Act
- 2015-16 Local Assistance Appropriation Table
- 2015 May Revision of the 2015-16 Governor's Budget
- 2015 Child Welfare Services Realignment Report to the Legislature
- IHSS Overtime Exemption 2
- Adoption Awareness
- How To Find Information On This Site