November is National Adoption Awareness Month!
In 1990, North American Council on Adoptable Children (NACAC) decided to expand opportunities for raising awareness, and began advertising Adoption Week as National Adoption Awareness Month (November). This effort is to raise awareness of the more than 102,000 children in foster care nationwide waiting for permanent, loving families. Join us by getting involved, seeking knowledge and publicly conveying awareness to this important cause. Support adoption awareness .
Legal Services Funding for Unaccompanied Undocumented Minors
The California Department of Social Services invites nonprofit legal services organizations to apply for the Unaccompanied Undocumented Minor Legal Services Funding for State Fiscal Year 2014-15. If you are interested in applying for this funding opportunity, please submit a completed application to the CDSS by 5pm on Monday, November 24, 2014. More Information.
Implementation of Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) as Outlined in State Statute for the IHSS Program
On October 1, 2013, the United States Department of Labor (DOL) published the Final Rule on the Application of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) to Domestic Service (RIN 1235-AA05). As a result of these changes, IHSS/WPCS providers will be required to be paid overtime, at a rate equal to one and one-half times the regular rate of hourly pay, when their time worked exceeds 40 authorized hours. We are in the process of implementing and training for this upcoming change.
- Important Overtime/FLSA information:
Adoptee, Birth Parents, Siblings of Adoptees are you looking for one another? We can help!
Visit the Adoptee, Birth Parents, Siblings of Adoptees web site.
- Drought Food Assistance Program Fact Sheet
- 2014-15 Local Assistance Appropriation Table
- 2014 May Revision of the 2014-15 Budget
- CalWORKs Overview 2014
- CalWORKs Overview 2013
- Local Assistance Estimates for the 2014-15 Governor's Budget
- Coordinated Care Initiative
- Implementation of Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) as Outlined in State Statute for the IHSS Program
- Child Welfare Services Realignment: Outcome and Expenditure Data Summary Report
- Oster/Dominguez Settlement Information
- Assistance with Small Business Practices (Small Business/DVBE Advocate)
- Information for Adoptees, Birth Parents, Siblings of Adoptees
- Local Assistance Estimates for the 2013-14 Governor's Budget
- Katie A. Latest Information
- How To Find Information On This Site