Beat the Heat!
With this summer’s heat wave, please take necessary precaution to prevent heat related illness, such as heat stroke and heat exhaustion, especially for children and elderly. Here are some tips for you to keep in mind as the summer heat continues.
- Never leave infants, children or the frail elderly unattended in a parked car.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty.
- Dress in lightweight, loose-fitting clothing. Use a hat and sunscreen as needed.
- Drink fruit juice or a sports beverage to replace salts and minerals lost during heavy sweating. (If a client/resident is on a low-sodium diet, check with his/her physician first.)
- During the hottest parts of the day, keep physical activities to a minimum and stay indoors in air-conditioning and out of the sun.
- Use fans as needed.
- Open windows to allow fresh air to circulate when appropriate.
- Use cool compresses, misting, showers and baths.
- Avoid hot foods and heavy meals—they add heat to the body. Eat frozen treats.
- Find cooling centers , when needed.
Former Foster Youth your Health Care is free until Age 26!
The Affordable Care Act requires states to provide young people under 26 with free health care if they were in foster care at age 18 or older. There is no open enrollment period for Medi-Cal and you can apply anytime of the year. Apply Now
California's Child Welfare Continuum of Care Reform
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, LET US NO!Call our telephone hotline at 1-844-LET US NO (1-844-538-8766) to file a complaint regarding a State licensed child care or community care facility. More information
Adoptee, Birth Parents, Siblings of AdopteesAre you looking for one another? We can help!
Will Lightbourne, Director
CDSS Job Vacancies
- CalWORKs Annual Summary 2015
- AB 1217 - The Home Care Services Consumer Protection Act
- 2015-16 Local Assistance Appropriation Table
- 2015 May Revision of the 2015-16 Governor's Budget
- 2015 Child Welfare Services Realignment Report to the Legislature
- Executive Summary for 2015-16 Governor’s Budget Local Assistance Estimates
- Local Assistance Estimates for the 2015-16 Governor’s Budget
- Adoption Awareness
- Drought Food Assistance Program Fact Sheet
- 2014-15 Local Assistance Appropriation Table
- How To Find Information On This Site